Alongside our ambition to offer the highest level of service to our customers, as a long established company in our local area, we are also concerned with our responsibility to our local community.
As such, Whites Transport Ltd is proud to sponsor:
- Thanet Road Club “Go-Ride” series
- TRC Junior race team
- EKC under 11s football team
- Herne Bay Harriers under 11s football team.
Whites Transport Ltd are supporting the Thamesplastic artworks project.
As an established operator of HGV, we recognise that, quite often, cost effective planning results in the greenest transport solution, however, we are constantly driving our efforts to reduce our environmental impact as much as possible, through;
- The use of smart telematics, and driver training to promote more fuel-efficient driving, and to track – and reduce – CO2 emissions per vehicle movement.
- Consolidation of shipments to reduce the total mileage and environmental impact of transport.
- Our fleet of vehicles complies to a minimum of Euro V and Euro VI engine standards. These vehicles are fitted with the latest technology, designed to improve fuel efficiency and reduce engine emissions.
- As a FORS Gold haulier, we take road safety very seriously and as such, all vehicles are fitted with the latest in vehicle sensors, alarms, and blind spot cameras to minimise the risk our vehicles pose to cyclists and other vulnerable road users. All of our drivers receive safety training, designed to reduce the risk of our vehicles to vulnerable road users. During 2017, we were awarded “Transport Operator of the Year 2017” by City of London CityMark awards, in recognition of our efforts to improve the safety standards and quality of our transport operation.
As a progressive company, we are constantly seeking new opportunities to improve the environmental and social impact of our business.